MSC Green Prix
COMPETITION IS FULL. WE'VE REACHED MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
Location: Maryland Science Center
Cost:Free for car owner and up to 2 others
Who should attend:Kids of all ages and their “pit crew”
When: Saturday, August 18, 2012
Design, build and test your car in our first ever kit car competition. We provide the free kit (car body, axels, and wheels), instructions, hints, tips, and race day—you take care of the rest. But there’s a catch—it’s a Green Prix—cars must be powered by an alternate energy source like solar, wind, electric, hydro, mouse trap, mouse, etc. You could win $50 and receive some of the most highly coveted trophies in all of sport.
Pick up your free car kit beginning Saturday, July 28th. Participation is limited to 50 so be sure to get your kit before they run out. Send an email to email@example.com to reserve your kit and your place in the competition. The sooner you pick up your car kit the sooner you can get designing, building and getting ready for race day.
Rules and winner categories are available as by clicking here or pick them up with your car kit. Check the Maryland Science Center’s YouTube channel here for helpful hints, examples of cars, best ways to test and troubleshoot, and more.
A few things we ask:
* Please, one kit per family
* Kits must be picked up at the Maryland Science Center
* Prime Rule: Don’t take a car kit if you aren’t going to compete on race day—someone else might have wanted to compete but couldn’t because the number of participants is limited
* It’s OK to work together to design and build your car—it’s not OK for Mom or Dad to do it alone
* Stay within the spirit of the competition—it’s just a fun day to see if your car can make it across the track on its own—it’s not about fastest, farthest, etc.
* Read the rules—this is a green, DIY project so try and build your car without spending money on things like motors—try not to spend money at all!
* Read the categories that will be judged—one even rewards risk
* Have fun